Currently we only support subtitles in the .ttml format. You can use Amara.org or other software to create subtitles files.
Follow these steps to use Amara.org to subtitle a WordPress.tv video:
- Click on one of the Download links next to the MP4 option: Low or Med will work fine.
- Copy the URL of the video that appears.
- Paste this link into the Subtitle field at http://www.amara.org/en/videos/create/
- Follow the instructions provided by Amara.org
- Once the video is subtitled at Amara.org, click on the link under View Subtitles, to the left of the video display.
- Click on the Download drop-down menu and select TTML.
- Change the file extension of the downloaded file from XML to TTML.
- Upload that file to WordPress.tv (right here, on this page).
- Enjoy your newly captioned video in all its text-enriched glory.